In case you lose your QuickBooks data accidentally, there is an easy way to recover it. The users shall not worry about the same as there is a feature designed specifically for data recovery. Auto Data recovery (ADR) is an application that is explicitly used to recover the corrupt or damaged QuickBooks files that were deleted by mistake. This was initially available in QuickBooks Premier, and later it was added to QuickBooks Enterprise in the year 2012. ADR uses two diverse Sybase technologies, which are (1) ‘auto-replication,’ which will create a replica of your QuickBooks company file (.QBW) and (2) QuickBooks Transaction Log (.QBW.tlg) file auto-recover. The best advantage and benefit of this tool is that it helps the users to restore the data that was lost by mistake. You can go through this blog till the end to know about the desired solution, and if you come across any issue while implementing the procedure, then you can get in touch with QuickBooks Customer Support.
How does Auto Data Recovery help you to recover the lost file?
There are two ways by which this tool works in order to restore the missing data
- It helps to recreate the lost transactions by using the current Transaction Log File and also the copy of the Company file
- It also creates the copies of the last few hours of transactions that were done of the Company file as well as the Transaction Files.
A few things that need to be kept in mind for the ADR tool
- ADR works only for QuickBooks Premier, QuickBooks Pro Advisor and QuickBooks Enterprise solutions on Windows Operating System
- It doesn’t work for Accountant Editions
- The device can only create a backup for the file limit of 1.5 GB, and if the file size exceeds the given deadline, then the data will not be recovered by ADR.
- Make sure that you keep on updating the QuickBooks Desktop from time to time in order to maximize the use of this feature.
How to recover lost data in QuickBooks with Auto Data Recovery
There are different solutions that can be executed for the same and it is recommended that you follow them in the given order of preference
Solution 1- Use the original.TLG file with .QBW.adr file
- This solution can be used by employing the original Transaction Log file and its ADR version of the company file which will help in recovering the transactions
- First of all, create a folder by the name of QBTest on the Desktop
- Now navigate to the folder where the company file was originally saved.
- The users can check the location of the company file from the Product Information Window
- Now copy the .tlg file of the QuickBooks Company File and then paste it into the newly created folder QBTest on the desktop
Enable File Extensions
- Open the File Explorer
- Go to Organize and click on Folder
- Search the name of the File Extension
- After that choose the option of hiding Extensions for known file types
- Save the changes and click on Okay.
- After that open QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery Folder
- Then you need to copy the .QBW.adr file and paste the same into the QBTest Folder.
- After copying both the files, you can now see two files. One by the name .QBW.adr and others by the name of QBW.TLG
- Right click on both the data and rename them and delete .adr from the end.
- After that open QuickBooks software and login admin rights if you aren’t logged in to the system
- Use the account to verify the transactions
- After that, you need to verify the integrity of the company file by running the verify utility in the system
- Once it has been verified, you can copy the files in QBTest folder to the original location.
Solution 2- Use .QBW.adr and .TLG.ADR files
- This solution will help you to recover the last 12 hours of lost transactions
- Create QBTest Folder on Desktop
- Go to QuickBooksAutoDataRecovery folder
- Copy and paste the .TLG.adr and .QBW.adr file into the folder that you created
- Open-File Explorer, search for the QBTest Folder and rename the files by removing .adr from the file name
- Execute the rest of the steps as given in Solution 1.
This can be a little complicated procedure and if you require technical assistance, then feel free to contact QuickBooks Tech Support phone Number at any time as the number remains in service 24*7.