A Personal Identification Number is absolutely necessary to maintain security and to prevent unauthorized transactions. QuickBooks users are given a unique PIN to manage their accounts. If users are facing any PIN problems there are certain safeguards in place to help resolve those issues. Give below are two methods you can use whenever you are faced with QuickBooks PIN errors:
Method 1: To change your QuickBooks PIN through Account Maintenance:
- Go to ‘Employees’ and select ‘My payroll service.’ You will notice an option ‘Billing/bank information’
- Under the service information section, you will see the option to change the PIN
- For security reasons, you will need to enter your details in the fields provided. Verify the details and click Submit.
Keep in mind, when attempting the second method mentioned below you need to have your correct admin login and the correct password details. Users are requested to use the conventional method if the experience PIN related errors.
Method 2: Using the Send Payroll Data Window to change PIN:
- Open the QuickBooks desktop icon and log in as admin
- Go to the ‘Employees’ menu and select ‘Send payroll data’
- When the ‘Send/Receive Payroll Data’ windows opens, click ‘Send’
- Once the Payroll service PIN window opens, you will see an option for forgot PIN
- Now you simply have to enter the admin password that is registered with your QuickBooks account and click ok
- You can go ahead and create a new PIN, remember it and click Submit.