1. How to restore QuickBooks Backup
For all the concerned, QuickBooks has been regarded as one of the sort after and best software in the fields of accounting and finance. It helps you to manage your data in a safe and secure way, giving you the opportunity to avoid any errors. Since, it has a collection of all your important company’s files, it also has an added feature into it, where it allows you to create a backup of all your files. But it can happen once in a while that the data may get deleted or misplaced. Then it becomes certain to restore QuickBooks backup as soon as possible.
There can be some possible reasons for the loss of data. Have a look at a few of them:
- The data was deleted accidently
- The software was crashed
- Firewall protection
- Unsteady system association
- The files may be saved in an unknown location.
Even if you have accidently deleted the files, you can easily recover it by using the QuickBooks Backup Data Restore. To do that, just follow the given steps:
- Open the QuickBooks folder, navigate to File open and then select Open or Restore Company to restore the backup files.
- Select the option of Restore a backup up copy (.qbb) and enter next.
- Choose Local Backup> Next> Backup copy window will open
- Select the location where you wish to save the backup files by clicking on the drop-down menu.
- Choose the file and enter ‘open’
- Save the file and answer the prompts.
2. How to recover QuickBooks Deleted Files:
QuickBooks is a software that helps you with governing and managing the Company’s data in the form of files and folders. Since this software stores a lot of crucial information, it would be reason to worry, if by any case the files got deleted. Even though, you can be safe as the software creates a backup of the data, but it also becomes certain that you should recover the QuickBooks deleted files, if any day this kind of situation arises. This software helps you to handle and administer the company’s invoices, cash flow, profit and loss scenarios. There are two ways by which you can recover the deleted files. Let’s have a look at both of them:
From Recycle Bin:
- Navigate to the Desktop> Recycle Bin
- From the recycle bin folder, look for the option of QuickBooks and open it. The company files which were accidently deleted will be shown.
- Choose the files that you want to recover and then select the Restore option.
- Once the process has been completed, the files can be seen in the QuickBooks Folder
Via Yodot Online software Tool:
- Download and install the Yodot software.
- Run the Yodot File Recovery Tool and select the option of Lost/ Delete File Recovery
- Navigate to the option of QuickBooks folder and choose the files that you need to recover, and type their extensions
- Store the files safely, after the restoration is complete.
How to repair a QuickBooks for Mac Data file?
Data corruption implies damage to data files that disrupts or slows down the performance of an application. QuickBooks data corruption will often result in data loss or incorrect data passing on to the system. Thankfully QuickBooks has built-in tools that help you to deal with data errors, they are Verify Data and Rebuild Data.
Steps to repair a QuickBooks data file:
The Rebuild Data features are specifically designed to repair any damage in a QuickBooks company file. Just follow the steps mentioned below to repair and rebuild your data file:
If you notice any discrepancies in the data after the Rebuild process is complete or if the Rebuild process fails you could be at risk of further data loss. Contact a QuickBooks technician to get a better idea on how to resolve the error soon.
- Step 1: Navigate to the file menu and click on ‘Utilities’ then select ‘Rebuild Data’. You will see a message warning you to back up your company data, click ‘ok’.
- Step 2: Use an external media source to back up your data. If you see a message asking if you want to replace the backup file click ‘No’ and save the file under a different name.
- Step 3: Once the backup is complete the Rebuild Data utility will begin. Once the rebuild is complete click ‘Ok’.
- Step 4: Close the company file and refresh it.
- Step 5: Check your balance sheet, profit, and loss report and all other relevant reports and make sure everything is in order.