QuickBooks Installation Or Updating Error code 1304
QuickBooks Error code 1304 usually comes up when you are installing or updating QuickBooks on your computer. You will notice that when this error occurs you will see a message which reads as follows, “Error writing to file [filename]. Verify that you have access to that directory.” Below we will discuss more about the causes of this error and what you can do to resolve it.
It will help to understand what could have caused the error so you will be able to better identify how to resolve the issue. There are three possible causes for this type of error, they are listed below:
- There could be a problem with the CD drive.
- The installation CD itself could be damaged.
- There could be damage to a Microsoft .NET component.
To resolve this error you will need to reinstall QuickBooks using files on the computer’s hard drive. You can follow the steps given below:
- The first thing you need to do is to copy the QuickBooks installation files from the CD and transfer them to your computer.
- The installation files are copied to your hard drive open the folder that has the copied files:
- Once you locate the files just double click the setup.exe file to start the installation process.
- Lastly, you will just need to follow the required instructions mentioned on the screen to complete reinstalling QuickBooks.
If for any reason you are unable to complete these steps you can always contact QuickBooks support Phone number for better assistance.
QuickBooks is an accounting software used by millions of small or mid-sized businesses around the world. However, QuickBooks users occasionally experience software or installation errors. Below we will discuss QuickBooks installation Error 1642 and how to solve it.
Here is a list of possible malfunctions that indicate that there was an installation error with regard to QuickBooks:
- You are not able to use the current version of the software.
- You were not able to correctly install Microsoft NET 1.1 SP1 installer.
- A QuickBooks file is not opening or is locked.
Installation Error 1642, which sometimes also appears as Error 1603, can be caused by multiple factors. Here is a list of the possible causes of installation error 1642:
- Your PC could have a virus or a malware
- The QuickBooks software did not install completely.
- There was a corruption the Desktop Windows registry.
- It is possible some other program may have deleted QuickBooks related file.
There are two main solutions to fix Error 1642. Both the solutions are listed below:
- Use the QBinstallTool.exe file. You can download this file from the official QuickBooks website and run it on your computer.
- You can also try repairing or fixing MSXML 4.0
If neither of the solutions mentioned above helps you to resolve the issue contact QuickBooks customer service for assistance.
QuickBooks Error code 1706 is related to the installation of QuickBooks. It occurs when users attempt to install QuickBooks through removable media like a CD or a DVD. When users experience this error they will most probably see a message as follows: “Error 1706. No valid source could be found for product. The Windows Installer cannot continue.” If you have experienced this type of error then continue reading as below we have discussed the various causes and possible solutions for the problem:
As mentioned earlier this kind of error is caused by a glitch in the installation process. The causes for this are listed below:
- The QuickBooks installer file could not locate the install package on your computer.
- The anti-virus you have installed on your device is not allowing the installation to be completed.
- Office 365 is not installed or you may be using an older version which needs to be updated and needs to be active.
One possible solution to fix error code 1706 is to clear the Windows Temp folder after that you can successfully install QuickBooks on your computer. Just follow the steps given below to clean the Windows Temp folder:
- Open the run command on your PC and type “%temp%”.
- Select all the files and folders that appear and delete them.
- You may see a message indicating the folder is in use, skip it.
- Restart your computer and try to open QuickBooks.
If this does not work feel free to contact QuickBooks Customer Care Number to get more information on the problem.
QuickBooks Point of Sale is a software that allows businesses to accept payments, track sales and manage their inventory online. The “IntuitUpdateService” Error is an error message that customers receive while trying to install Point of Sale. If you have experienced this error then below you will find a brief discussion about what may have caused the error and what you can do to fix it.
Just like all QuickBooks installation errors, there are a variety of reasons behind this service error. This error is a little tricky because there may be multiple causes for it.
- You currently have the Beta version of Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
- The Microsoft .NET Framework you are using is not installed properly.
- It is possible that the Point of Sale installer may have been damaged.
- Sometimes the IntuitUpdateService.exe file itself could be infected with malware or a virus.
The easiest and most effective solution to an installation error like “IntuitUpdateService” error is to update QuickBooks Desktop Point of Sale. Just follow the steps mentioned below:
- Open your QuickBooks program and go to the Product updates page.
- Check to ensure Point of Sale is currently selected as your product.
- You should be able to see a series of steps that you will need to complete to perform a Manual update.
- Once you have successfully updated Point of Sale close the program and reboot the system.